Friday, February 15, 2019

NYC Wedding - St. Patrick's Cathedral





Nicole and Ryan's winter New York wedding was an amazing experience fo me as a photographer. It was my first New York wedding and a lot that came with it. Shooting in New York is a lot different than in Connecticut. First there's transportation, thank you Metro North, Uber and NYC Taxi service. Next is the permits and the rules. St Patricks Cathedral has its own rules which on paper was a bit confusing but once we got there it all made sense. We were planning on using Bryant Park for the formals so I had to get a permit. We got the permit no problem, but it was raining and raining. That didn't stop us. The hotel that the couple was getting ready at, Lotte New York Palace, was gracious and allowed us to do the formals in their beautiful hotel. All went extremely well. There is nothing like the city, the sights, the lights, the sounds and everything that makes New York a beautiful place for a wedding. Nicole and Ryan were amazing despite the weather. Nicole was prepared with clear umbrellas for the day and the added look for the photos. 

The reception was at Del Friscos. It was an intimate wedding. They seated us in the wine cellar which was beautiful and the food.....well I highly recommend this place if you are in the city. The couple had their first dance, toasts and parent dances. It was small but simple but all full of love. Nicole and Ryan are a beautiful couple and rolled well with the weather throughout the day. The bridal party kept us in stitches. Everything just worked out perfectly. 

The brides father and I went to middle school together. We are also big hockey fans but for different teams. Every time I would get a correspondence from him lets just say it was against my team but it made me laugh each and every time. I have kept everything he has sent me as well. 

We left the reception on the adventure back to Grand Central. It was pouring. We were able to hail a cab, which in NYC in the rain is not easy to do. We got home drenched but excited about this wedding and the memories we captured. Thank you to my Associate Photographer Helene Dombrowski for being my other hand or should I say camera for the day. It was truly a great experience. 

Thank you Nicole and Ryan for making my first New York wedding one that we will never forget. You are an amazing couple and I wish you love and happiness always














































No comments: